Thursday, April 21, 2011

Will Spring Ever Get Here??

A month and a half between posts.It's been a busy time.

Knitting projects abound! Under the procrastination section of my life, the Wrap Me Up Shawl still isn't completed. And I have so little to do on it, one error to fix and two borders. Except the borders require I picked up a gadzillion stitches before starting the border. I think this is was is causing my procrastination on finishing the project...373, +/-, stitches times two! That's a lot of stitches.  One of these days...

Meanwhile, I've finished a feather and fan shawl and baby blanket for the Prayer Shawl Ministry. OTN (on the needles for  you non-knitters), I have another  baby blanket, a top down cropped sweater, and still the linen feather and fan shawl. I have projects galore but most of them are still balls of yarn in my stash. And the stash keeps increasing...it just grows and grows, with my help.

Vogue Knitting has an easy lace shawl pattern in their latest edition, lacy cover up, designed by John Brinegar. Lacy, lacy, just perfect for summer evenings . Bought some new yarn ::hanging head in embarrasment-what about yarn in my stash!!:: for this shawl. The new yarn is nothing but scrumptious. It's lace weight, in a cream and ecru blend of colors, silk, rayon and linen blend, Berroco's Seduce. he store didn't have the Filatura yarn the pattern used in the picture in Vogue Knitting. Can't wait to start it...and finish it. But must finish my sweater first.

The top down cropped sweater is almost finished. Two inches to finish for the body, sewing the sleeves together and then doing the ribbing border around front sides and bottom. Piece of cake! ::gnawing fingernails::  Did most of it watching Mildred Pierce from the OnDemand section of Verizon cable. Nice feature of cable so one doesn't have to worry about missing a good series or juggling the DVR to save shows. I DVR only regular shows. And with the hockey play-offs and a Pittsburgh Penguin nutty fan in the house, it's even more difficult to juggle recording shows. So I love OnDemand! Must find another good series I missed to finish the sweater!

Yesterday 80+ temps was such a  teaser, back in the mid-60's today, but the sun is out. I missed aquatics today. Spent yesterday at the mall  with my step-daughter, Barb. Did major damage to the credit card. Walked and walked and am so tired and sore today...my old  stnosis bones are screaming in pain. So I stayed home.

I think that when I go out shopping, my hubby sits at the computer watching the charges pile up on the credit card.  But he's a generous, loving soul; the smartest man ever. He never fails to amaze me at what he remembers at his age. Last night he was singing songs from a childhood songbook. That songbook was used by his family in the 1920-30's.  How does he do it?  I can't remember my  last sentence and I've just typed it!

It's time to go and knit...and find that new series to watch.  Also, I'm waiting breathlessly to watch Game of Thorns, the series written by G. R. R. Martin. I've read all the books...am in the midst of  the last one he wrote. What a confusing labyrinth he's written. One will definitely have to print out the cast of characters, at least, perhaps a map of the Seven Kingdoms would help, too,  Me, I'm already prepared with the above.  The series starts next week.

See you all next time.  Well, no one reads my blog, so I'll see myself next time.

Joan

No comments: